OP Live Dallas will showcase the multitude of career opportunities available to video game and esports devotees. SMU Guildhall alumni work for the biggest names in the video gaming industry, as well as in gamification sectors in a multitude of other industries like tech, education, business and the medical industry.
The two-day OP Live Dallas schedule will be jam packed with non-stop competitions and activities, opportunities to meet popular pro players, cosplayers and more. Highlights include:
- Competitions for 16 collegiate teams and 4 pro esports teams, with prizes to be awarded.
- Showcases featuring never-before-seen games created by SMU students and alumni.
- Mini TED-like talks with industry experts.
- Interactive and personalized experiences.
- Cosplay and game art gallery.
- High School Hackathon, where students compete to identify, defend and terminate cybersecurity threats in a fictional small business.
- Fundraising to benefit Children’s Medical Center Dallas through Extra Life, a division of Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.
The entire event was designed with esports and gaming fans in mind. According to Stephanie Chavez, Director of Marketing at eGency Global, “In the past year, we’ve spoken with dozens of fans who regularly attend esports and gaming events. We wanted to find out what they love most about the events and where improvements could be made. This insight was invaluable when we were planning OP Live Dallas.”
As experts in the esports ecosystem, eGency Global was able to take this insight and create an elevated esports event that is unmatched in the industry. Says Stone, “At eGency Global, we employ the best of the best in every aspect of esports event planning and execution. When esports fans talk, not only do we listen, we make it our mission to respond with innovative solutions that will exceed their expectations. That was our goal with OP Live Dallas.”
Easy access to great, affordable food as well as lodging, restaurants and activities near the event venue are top priorities for esports event attendees. The Irving Convention Center was chosen specifically for this reason. In addition, several popular local food trucks will be onsite both days.
GameStop will promote the event on its digital properties and in select stores locally. In addition, competitions will be live streamed from a number of streaming platforms, so fans can watch the action from home.
eGency Global estimates attendance of approximately 7,000 for the two-day event. Numerous sponsorship and exhibiting opportunities are available to organizations looking to reach fans in the burgeoning esports space.
September 22, 2018 - September 23, 2018
Time: Sat: 10 am - 10 pm and Sun: 10 am - 4:30 pm
Price: $25, $50 & $150